The Heartland Chapter was chartered by Women On Wheels® (WOW) on April 15, 1997.
WOW aims to meet the following goals:
- Assist the motorcycling community and the public at large in becoming aware that women are serious motorcyclists and deserve recognition as such.
- Encourage further developments within the motorcycle industry to meet women’s needs for equipment, clothing and accessories.
- Make available information on safe riding techniques, and encourage participation in motorcycle safety courses.
- Promote a positive image of motorcyclists, and of women as motorcyclists, through educating the news media and the general public, thereby challenging the untrue stereotypes that are commonly presented.
- Enhance the sheer enjoyment of motorcycling, and encourage women by showing them they have limitless potential and can accomplish any goal or dream.
The annual Women On Wheels® Ride-In™, held in July, is the best place to enjoy three days of camaraderie with WOW members from points near and far. Plan to enjoy dealer-sponsored rides and events, group rides to scenic areas, and dynamic speakers and seminars which educate, enlighten, and entertain. The Ride-In™ gives you the opportunity to ride, explore, and enjoy the beautiful country that surrounds you, while making “WOW”derful friends to enjoy it with.
A membership in WOW makes you a part of a family of fun-loving female motorcycle enthusiasts united by their love for motorcycles, fun, and each other. The connections made through WOW are priceless and open the door to endless possibilities.